Guest Editors are asked to submit manuscripts on behalf of their authors to the editorial office via email to: email@example.com. Please include in the email subject your last name and the last name of the manuscript's lead author - for example, [editorlastname.leadauthorlastname]. Please also follow a similar nomenclature for the attached files.
***Please work with each of your authors to ensure that the manuscripts conforms to the Instructions for Authors before proceeding with submission to the editorial office. ***
Submissions should include at least 2 file attachments (there will be more file attachments if the manuscript contains figures/tables) as follows:
- Cover letter (this can be the text of the submission email, but must include):
- Author name(s), titles, affiliations, and complete contact information (indicate corresponding author)
- Must also indicate any financial interests, potential conflicts of interest
- Abstract (under 250 words)
- 3-4 keywords
- Body of manuscript
- Acknowledgments (must indicate any financial and material support for the research and work)
- Competing interest
- If none, state "'The author(s) declare that they have no competing interests"
- If yes, describe
- References Referencing should conform to Vancouver referencing style (also known as the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors style). Click here for examples of Vancouver style on the National Library of Medicine website.To cite within the text, please use a number enclosed in round brackets, eg. (1) or (12), placed in the text of the manuscript, indicates the relevant reference. Citations are numbered consecutively in the order in which they appear in the text and each citation corresponds to a numbered reference containing publication information about the source cited in the reference list. Once a source has been cited, the same number is used in all subsequent references. When using EndNote bibliographic software, please use the following output style - Vancouver.
- Signed and completed authorship responsibility, financial disclosure, and copyright transfer form and any requisite attachments
- Figures and tables must be submitted as separate file attachments (Figures must be submitted as image files. Appropriate image formats: jpeg, gif, ppt, png). Please note the position of the figures/tables in text - for example: "Table 1 here" or "Figure 1 here" - Please do not include the figures in the text file.
For an editable sample manuscript format file in Word click here
If you have any questions or problems please contact the Managing Editor, Sherry Loveless, at firstname.lastname@example.org